- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, saute ham and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add cheeses; cook for 3-4 minutes or until melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; seal perforations. Place 2 tablespoons of ham mixture in the center of each rectangle. Starting with a short side, fold a third of the dough over filling. On the other short side, bring both corners together in the center to form a point. Fold over to resemble an envelope. Pinch seams to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Envelopes
"I made these the other night for a quick dinner. You can use reduced fat rolls and also cooking spray instead of canola oil. I used fat free cream cheese as well to cut some of the calories. To add some extra flavor I used a Chicken and Fish Seasoning from Penzeys called Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave which is a blend of salt, black pepper, garlic, lemon peel and onion."
"This is one of my family's favorites."
"Way too much fat."