This saucy casserole allows you to enjoy all the rich, traditional flavor of Cordon Bleu with less effort. It's a snap to layer the ingredients and let them cook all afternoon. Just toss a salad to make this meal complete. —Dorothy Witmer Ephrata, Pennsylvania
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 12 slices deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk. Add butter, celery and onion; stir in bread cubes.
- Place half of the mixture in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the ham, cheese and chicken. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour half over chicken. Repeat layers.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p31
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review