Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
This saucy casserole allows you to enjoy all the rich flavor of traditional chicken cordon bleu with less effort. It's a snap to layer the ingredients and let them cook all afternoon. Just toss a salad to make this meal complete.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 12 thin slices deli ham, rolled up
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk. Stir in the butter,
- celery and onion. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Place half of the mixture in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; top with
- half of the rolled-up ham, cheese and chicken. Combine soup and
- remaining milk; pour half over the chicken. Repeat layers once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer inserted
- into bread mixture reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.