Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 12 thin slices deli ham, rolled up
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk. Stir in the butter, celery and onion. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Place half of the mixture in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the rolled-up ham, cheese and chicken. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour half over the chicken. Repeat layers once.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken(16)
Sort By :
This was really good, thought it would be thicker though and next time I will definitely use cubed ham instead of rolled lunch meat.
I love this recipe, the only change I would make is to cut the ham into chunks or strips. I use leftover ham chunks. Yummy!
My family loved it. I used only 1 cup of milk and only 4 slices of bread. It was a big hit!!
I was looking so forward to this recipe, and thought this is going to taste great...Was I ever wrong. This was disgusting, my family all was very disappointed and this is the worst meal i have ever made. I would say more but leilaroche down below stated it perfectly! enough said
I know this is a crock pot recipe but what if you made this in the oven instead of in a crock pot? It sounds really good but I would hate to go through all the work of making it just to find out that it is awful.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >