- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 12 slices deli ham, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and 1-1/2 cups milk. Add butter, celery and onion; stir in bread crumbs.
- Place half of the mixture in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the ham, cheese and chicken. Combine soup and remaining milk; pour half over chicken. Repeat layers.
- Cook, covered on low 4-5 hours or until a thermometer inserted into bread mixture reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Swiss Chicken
Sort By :
"As a lot of people have noted, this casserole is pretty soggy. I baked it in the oven for about an hour at 350. It's pretty greasy- I would cut down on the butter and the milk if I make it again. I'd also use cubed ham next time. I'm not sure why you'd want rolled up lunch meat. It was awkward trying to serve it with the ham rolled up everywhere. The flavor was pretty good...it just needs less liquid and less butter."
"This was really good, thought it would be thicker though and next time I will definitely use cubed ham instead of rolled lunch meat."
"I love this recipe, the only change I would make is to cut the ham into chunks or strips. I use leftover ham chunks. Yummy!"
"My family loved it. I used only 1 cup of milk and only 4 slices of bread. It was a big hit!!"
"I was looking so forward to this recipe, and thought this is going to taste great...Was I ever wrong. This was disgusting, my family all was very disappointed and this is the worst meal i have ever made. I would say more but leilaroche down below stated it perfectly! enough said"