Ham 'n' Swiss Bread
"My bread machine saves me a lot of time," writes Betty Bergman of East Jordan, Michigan. "I often use it to bake this flavorful loaf that includes diced ham and cheese. It's especially good warm."
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced Swiss cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading
- (your machine may audibly signal this), add ham and cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 146 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.