Ham 'n' Spuds Salad
Meet the Cook: Not only does this make a hearty salad that's a favorite of men and good for carrying to picnics and church suppers...it's also a tasty way to use up ham!
I'm a 74-year-young widow who's been cooking 62 years, more or less. I have two daughters, five grandchildren and a pair of great-grandchildren.
-Jo Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons minced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, eggs, olives, celery,
- green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish,
- pimientos, mustard and vinegar; pour over potato mixture. Toss
- lightly to coat. Chill for several hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined
- bowl if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 254 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.