Ham 'n' Spuds Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: Not only does this make a hearty salad that's a favorite of men and good for carrying to picnics and church suppers...it's also a tasty way to use up ham! I'm a 74-year-young widow who's been cooking 62 years, more or less. I have two daughters, five grandchildren and a pair of great-grandchildren. -Jo Baker, Litchfield, Illinois
- 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons minced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon prepared spicy brown or yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, ham, eggs, olives, celery, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, relish, pimientos, mustard and vinegar; pour over potato mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Chill for several hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Spuds Salad in Country Woman March/April 1996, p33
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Spuds Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2011
OMG this is the best salad I ever had. HIGHLY recommended and thank you to Jo Baker for sharing.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >