Ham 'n' Sausage Stromboli Recipe
This hearty stromboli isn't difficult to make and is great for serving a group. —Lee Gregory, Ashland, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:18 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound sliced salami
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Press into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Layer with ham, salami, American cheese, mozzarella cheese and Italian sausage over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place diagonally in pan. Brush dough with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
1 slice equals 200 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC