Ham 'n' Sausage Stromboli Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/3 pound sliced salami
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in warm water and 2 tablespoons oil until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Press into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Layer with ham, salami, American cheese, mozzarella cheese and Italian sausage over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place diagonally in pan. Brush dough with remaining oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 18 servings.
1 slice: 200 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Ham 'n' Sausage Stromboli
"My kids love this recipe, even cold in their lunch boxes the next day!"
"My family loved this recipe. It's so versatile as you can use any filling you like. Here's a tip: The boxed dough mix takes time, I recommend using two of the pizza doughs already made in the section of the store that you find cinnamon rolls etc. It's a whole lot easier and quick.."
"This recipe is really good and the only thing that kept me from giving it five stars is that I'm not sure if it baked all the way through. The outside was a nice golden brown but I couldn't tell if the inside layer of dough was completely cooked. It was a little gooey but it may have just been cheese. Nevertheless it tasted great so I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's a keeper!"
"This was great"
"@555444 The yeast packet comes with the Hot Roll Mix. I was confused too until I looked up the product. :-)"
"Hi thereI think the yeast is in the box of the hot rolls."
"I have made this recipe several times now and each time it gets great raves and people ask me for the recipe. It is easy to fix and warms up great as well. It is definitely a keeper!"
"How many yeast packets do you use? Recipe calls for them in the directions but not listed in the ingredients."
"This was my first cooking attempt of the New Year, and this recipe turned out great! I substituted sliced turkey instead of salami and low-fat Colby-Jack instead of American. It was easy and delicious. I'd only argue that it makes just 6-8 servings (because who can stop at just one slice?!)."