This all-in-one dish from Carol Gawronski of Lake Wales, Florida is packed with flavor in every bite. With onion, celery, tomatoes and two types of meat, you’ll find that this hearty meal will satisfy just about anybody.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, julienned
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Salami Jambalaya in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p29
Reviews for Ham 'n' Salami Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2011
"This is very easy to make and everyone liked it. Even the young grand-kids."