Sour cream and cheese give this hearty casserole an irresistible richness. Paired with fresh fruit, it is a filling breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cheeses. Cook and stir over low heat just until cheese is melted (mixture will be thick). Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, potatoes, ham, onion and parsley.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Potato Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p168
Reviews for Ham 'n' Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review