Ham 'n' Potato Bake Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and dried thyme
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham slices, cut into strips
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in the flour, pepper and thyme until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1 cup cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Fold in the potatoes, ham, carrots and parsley.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 380 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Potato Bake
"I skipped the cheese, green onion and the mustard. Used ham broth for some of the milk."