Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin Recipe
The comforting flavor of ham and potatoes can't be beat. This is a nice recipe to share at covered-dish dinners—it's a meal in itself.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine onions and pepper with potatoes, ham and mayonnaise; pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese just until melted. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 287 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC