Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine onions and pepper with potatoes, ham and mayonnaise; pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese just until melted. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin
"I doubled this and it would serve 5-6 light eaters. I added thyme, white pepper , garlic and salt to the roux. I used a lot of dishes for this! We enjoyed it. I am thinking I could leave out the mayo and maybe substitute non fat sour cream."
"This dish is delicious. I've made before and we loved and in fact I'm making again tomorrow for Sun dinner. I use leftover spiral ham. There's a bit of prep involved but it's well worth the effort. A very tasty meal that my family enjoys!"
"So yummy and creamy--an instant family favorite! We make it all the time with and without ham."
"So yummy and creamy--an instant family favorite! We make it all the time."