The comforting flavor of ham and potatoes can't be beat. This is a nice recipe to share at covered-dish dinners—it's a meal in itself.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine onions and pepper with potatoes, ham and mayonnaise; pour into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese just until melted. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin in Country Woman January/February 1997, p35
Reviews for Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review