Ham 'N' Onion Gravy Recipe
- 4 thick ham slices (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- In a large skillet, brown ham in oil; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ham and mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Ham 'N' Onion Gravy(2)
Sort By :
This was just average for us. We didn't like the big pieces of onions in the gravy, so maybe finely dicing them would be better. I thought the gravy was bland, so I added some beef soup base to give it more flavor. It did come together very quickly.
A simple, tasty recipe that goes together very quickly. I cubed up the onion and ham and stir-fried it, then added the gravy ingredients. So easy I made it twice in a week when I was rushed for time. Would also make a great topping for leftover baked potatoes!