Ham 'n' Noodle Toss
"My family likes ramen noodles, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them," notes Margaret Pache of Mesa, Arizona. "This satisfying supper is a much-requested favorite."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) oriental-flavored ramen noodles
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine broccoli, water, ham, soy sauce and one
- flavoring packet from the noodles (discard second packet or save for
- another use). Break noodles into small pieces; add to pan. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring
- frequently. Top with olives if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 174 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,251 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.