Ham 'n' Noodle Hot Dish Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni or medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese and salt until cheese is melted.
- Add the ham, noodles and peas. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and parsley. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Noodle Hot Dish(7)
Sort By :
I'll just bet this dish would also be delicious using chicken. Plan to try very soon.
Always a go-to recipe for our family. Love it!
This is a great recipe. Never again will I make ham & eggs or ham omelet with my leftover ham. I used fat free milk, low fat shredded cheddar & broccoli instead of peas. I also used panko bread crumbs instead of regular dried bread crumbs. Delicious!
I made this using left over baked chicken and it was terrific! Everyone loved it and I doubled the recipe to give one away. I used a mexican mix cheese and loved it!
Very good and easy. I used egg noodles and cheddar cheese instead of American. Didn't have enough peas on hand, so used 1/2 cup peas and 1/2 cup chopped red pepper. Added the ham, frozen peas, and pepper to the noodle water before draining - heats up those ingredients to shorten the baking time.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >