- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar and sugar. Whisk into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Hominy Salad in Country Extra May 2004, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Hominy Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review