Ham 'N' Florets In a Basket Recipe
I developed this recipe to sneak more vegetables into my husband's diet. It worked!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 cup small cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare the pastry shells according to package directions; set aside. Place the cauliflower in steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- 2. In a skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and cauliflower. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into pastry shells. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 519 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC