- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 cup small cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the pastry shells according to package directions; set aside. Place the cauliflower in steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and cauliflower. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into pastry shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Florets In a Basket in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p189
Reviews for Ham 'N' Florets In a Basket(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review