Ham 'n' Egg Muffins
“This recipe is a favorite Saturday night supper, accompanied by salad and some fruit,” says Emily Chaney of Blue Hill, Maine. “Sometimes I double or triple the recipe for Sunday brunch with friends.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and
- lemon juice. Place ham and hard-cooked eggs on each muffin half; top
- with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake 15
- minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese, reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 256 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 239 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.