Ham 'n' Egg Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 5 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon diced pimientos, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in caraway seeds.
- Drop by rounded 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; discard soft dough from inside. Cool.
- For filling, in a saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add ham, hard-cooked egg, green pepper and pimientos if desired; heat through. Spoon into puffs; replace tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Egg Cream Puffs(2)
Sort By :
Ham and egg cream puffs turn out so beautifully, it's one my family requests every chance they get. It's one we'll be making many more times and it's definitely going in my recipe box.
Absolutely awesome tasting for left over ham. It is so simple to make if you follow the directions. My husband and I love cheese with ham and eggs, so I usually throw in about a 8 ounces of Kraft Classic Melt cheese. If you want a "little kick", I have also splashed a couple drops of Tabasco in the sauce while the cheese is melting.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >