Ham 'n' Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Remove green pepper, reserving drippings. Combine the green pepper, bread and ham; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Add cheese to drippings; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Pour over bread mixture. Whisk the eggs, milk and mustard; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Egg Casserole
"Very good recipe as written. Can add any veggies you like."