Ham 'n' Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 slices white bread, cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound process American cheese, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper in butter until tender. Remove green pepper, reserving drippings. Combine the green pepper, bread and ham; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Add cheese to drippings; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Pour over bread mixture. Whisk the eggs, milk and mustard; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 287 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein .
Reviews for Ham 'n' Egg Casserole
"Very good recipe as written. Can add any veggies you like."