Baking mix is a shortcut in this savory round loaf from Marietta Slater of Augusta, Kansas. "We enjoy it for breakfast, and I like to serve big wedges with a bowl of soup," she writes.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in 1 cup cheese and the ham. Spread in a greased 10-in. quiche dish or pie plate. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Wedges in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p19
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review