Sometimes I make several of these savory stromboli loaves to keep in the freezer for weeknight meals. Loaded with ham, broccoli and cheese, the spiral sandwich slices are ideal for folks with lively lifestyles. I shared a loaf with my co-workers and they loved it. —Susan Brown, Lithonia, Georgia
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- On a floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Layer with Swiss cheese, ham, cheddar cheese, Colby cheese and broccoli to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with garlic powder. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; seal seams and ends.
Place seam side down on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled baked stromboli in heavy-duty foil. To use, remove from foil and place on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Cheese Stromboli in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p56
Reviews for Ham 'N' Cheese Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review