Ham 'n' Cheese Strata Recipe
Our daughter wouldn't mind if I made this Ham 'n' Cheese Strata every weekend! I do prepare it for each holiday, serving it alongside fresh cinnamon buns and a fruit salad. —Marilyn Kroeker, Steinbach, Manitoba
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in onion and green pepper; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour butter over bread; sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 1,081 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Strata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC