Ham 'n' Cheese Strata Recipe
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread.
- 2. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in onion and green pepper; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour butter over bread; sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 375 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 1081mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Strata
"QUESTION.....can I freeze this uncooked? Can it be frozen after cooking? I need lots of freezable recipes"
"Turned out great! It's almost like a giant ham & cheese omelette."
"Fantastic but needs more onions and peppers for my taste."
"I get so angry when people rate a recipe they have changed, but I didn't have a green pepper. I did have some leftover asparagus, so I chopped it up and added it. FANTASTIC!"
"We loved this. I left the cornflakes off and it was still great. A keeper"
"Very easy & very tasty! I loved that I had all the ingredients on hand. Perfect for morning, noon, or night."
"Made this for Christmas morning. Everyone loved it!"
"This is a delicious recipe. Wonderful flavor. I made it the night before and it made a lovely Sunday morning breakfast for my family. I made it w/o onions and green peppers, simply because I don't like cutting onions =) and don't care for green peppers. Still tasted delicious."