Ham 'n' Cheese Squares
So easy to prepare, this appetizing egg dish is loaded with ham, Swiss cheese and caraway flavor. It cuts nicely into squares, making it an ideal addition to a brunch buffet. Field editor Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona shared the recipe.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 6)
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- beat eggs until thickened and lemon-colored; fold into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 141 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.