So easy to prepare, this appetizing egg dish is loaded with ham, Swiss cheese and caraway flavor. It cuts nicely into squares, making it an ideal addition to a brunch buffet. Field editor Sue Ross of Casa Grande, Arizona shared the recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 carton (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines (about 6)
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 6 eggs
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs until thickened and lemon-colored; fold into ham mixture. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Squares in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p24
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review