Ham 'n' Cheese Spiders Recipe
These creepy sandwiches are sure to scare up some fun at Halloween time! Kids really enjoy eating the spider-shaped sandwiches. —Kendra Barclay, De Kalb, Illinois
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks, separated into 12 breadsticks
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 5 slices process American cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. On two greased baking sheets, pat five biscuits into 3-1/2-in. circles. Cut one breadstick in half lengthwise, then in half widthwise, creating four strips. Repeat nine times (save remaining breadsticks for another use). Position eight strips of dough around each biscuit to resemble spider legs; twist and press lightly onto baking sheet. Tuck a 1/2-in. foil ball under each dough strip so it stands up in the center.
- 2. Combine the ham, onion, butter and mustard; spoon 3 tablespoons onto each biscuit circle. Fold cheese slices into quarters and place over ham mixture. Pat remaining biscuits into 4-in. circles; place over filling. Pinch edges to seal.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over tops of biscuits and breadsticks. On each spider, position two olive slices for eyes; place pimientos in center of olives. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until browned. Yield: 5 sandwiches.
1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,751 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Spiders
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC