Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
"When I was expecting our daughter, I made and froze these cheesy quiches as well as several other dishes," writes Christena Palmer of Green River, Wyoming. "After her birth, it was nice to have dinner in the freezer when my husband and I were too tired to cook."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie
- plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or
- uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is
- golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk
- eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover
- edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 349 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium,