Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
"When I was expecting our daughter, I made and froze these cheesy quiches as well as several other dishes," writes Christena Palmer of Green River, Wyoming. "After her birth, it was nice to have dinner in the freezer when my husband and I were too tired to cook."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches)
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between the shells. In a bowl, whisk
- eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour into shells. Cover edges with
- foil and bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5-10 minutes
- before cutting.
- Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 349 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.