Ham 'n' Cheese Quiche
When I was expecting our daughter, I made and froze these cheesy quiches as well as several other dishes. After her birth, it was nice to have dinner in the freezer when my husband and I were too tired to cook. —Christena Palmer, Green River, Wyoming
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pastry sheets into two 9-in. pie
- plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or
- uncooked rice. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove foil and weights; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bottom is
- golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk
- eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into shells. Cover
- edges loosely with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 2 quiches (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 349 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium,