A full-time job, farm life and our kids' activities keep me on my toes, so I don't have time to prepare fancy dishes. These puffs are a real down-home delight and appeal to everyone.
Recommended: Ham and Cheese Recipes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Warm prepared cheese sauce, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and mustard all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth. Stir in the ham and cheese (cheese does not have to melt).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold with cheese sauce for dipping if desired. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Puffs in Country Pork 1996, p9
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review