This is one potato salad that's hearty enough to be a main dish. My family especially likes to take it along when we go on picnics. -Tamara Sellman, Barrington, Illinois
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; mix well. Cut potatoes into cubes. Add to mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p37
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review