Ham 'n' Cheese Pies
Mary Anderson, a 4-H leader from De Valls Bluff, Arkansas, shares family-pleasing fare that one of her 4-H students entered in a local contest. The recipe makes two easy-to-assemble pies that are tasty whether served morning, noon or night.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- Sprinkle ham, cheese and onion into two greased 9-in. pie plates. In
- a bowl, combine eggs, milk, biscuit mix and pepper until blended;
- pour over ham mixture. Bake 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 pies (4-6 servings each).
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.