- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add flour and salt; mix until combined. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Add cream cheese mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set. Remove from the oven. Immediately spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle with ham, onions and 1 cup cheese.
- Roll up from a short side, peeling parchment paper away while rolling. Sprinkle top of roll with the remaining cheese; bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Omelet Roll
"I was skeptical that this would be as easy as everyone raved about, but it really was!! This thing is delicious, and looks amazing. I can't wait to try it with different fillings, as various other reviewers had said. Definitely try this, you won't regret it!"
"This is a fun way to serve an omelet. The rolled version just makes it look amazing for a brunch or family breakfast. We also used flavored cream cheese in this, like others have mentioned. We like using veggie or spicy cream cheese."
"This is a wonderful recipe. My family loves it. Very easy to make yet looks like it was time consuming. Very impressive. Made it according to directions."
"I made this for a brunch, and the ladies went crazy for it. One change I made was to use chive and onion cream cheese, which added a nice subtle flavor. It was so easy to make, and since my baking pans didn't have a high enough edge, I didn't cut the parchment to fit, so it kept the eggs from overflowing in the pan. I am looking forward to trying it with other ingredients, like crumbled sausage, or chopped up bacon, and any combination of chopped veggies."
"This is a great recipe! I tend to only make it around the holidays and did so this year. My family loves it...even the picky kids. Easy to manipulate to your own taste. I typically make this original version minus the green onions and then do a tex-mex style roll with taco-seasoned ground sausage, salsa, and Mexican style shredded cheese; then top with more salsa, if you like, and sour cream. Delish!"
"This recipe is deceiving. It looks hard but really comes out wonderful every time. I substitute spinach soufflé for the filling and sprinkle Swiss cheese on top. It is amazing"
"Easy to make. Good taste. Kids loved it."
"I found this recipe about 12 years ago when it was printed in the magazine. So glad to find it online... didn't want to dig through all of them, but this recipe is sooo worth it. Love, love, love it... Easy, versatile, everything anyone could want!"
"We made this with fresh eggs from our chickens. It was fantastic! Hubby wanted peppers and onions added on his half. We can't wait to make this again!"