Ham 'n' Cheese Muffins
While living in Oregon, I frequented a local restaurant that served these muffins. They wouldn't share the recipe, so I came up with my own creation.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, mustard and cumin.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham and 1-1/4 cups cheese.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.