Ham 'n' Cheese Melts
These one-of-a-kind sandwiches are a new twist on traditional ham and cheese sandwiches without a lot of extra work. Prepared spaghetti sauce provides a tasty dipping sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked Ham
Celebrate the holidays with your favorite ham and ALDI savings.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then
- cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish,
- combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg
- mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti
- sauce for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 1,272 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.