Ham 'n' Cheese Melts Recipe
These one-of-a-kind sandwiches are a new twist on traditional ham and cheese sandwiches without a lot of extra work. Prepared spaghetti sauce provides a tasty dipping sauce.
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 28 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 1,272 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC