Ham 'n' Cheese Melts Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 1. On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 511 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 1272mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Melts
"Was nicely surprised by the taste of finished product."