- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Melts in Country Pork 1996, p24
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
Was nicely surprised by the taste of finished product.