Ham 'n' Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until garlic is tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream; stir into ham mixture. Add tomatoes and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through (sauce will be thin).
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Place three noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with a third of the sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.