Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Loaf Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Add milk and mustard. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in bacon, ham and cheeses. Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Run a knife around edge of pan to remove. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 323 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 206mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Loaf
"It takes 15 minutes prep time like the directions say. not 10It really is a good breakfast (or lunch) I have made it for both meals, sometimes i just add one of the meats, either all ham or all bacon, depending on what I have and it still turns out great."
"This was delicious. We had it for supper with fruit and coffee cake muffins but it would be perfect to take to a brunch or breakfast gathering. I made it as written, though used slightly less meat."
"WONDERFUL DISH! IT DOES SEEM TO TAKE MORE THAN 10 MINUTES TO PREPARE THOUGH UNLESS U HAVE HELP, BUT IT IS WORTH EVERY MINUTE!!!"