"My family has enjoyed attractive slices of this moist brunch loaf for many years," writes Connie Bair of East Wenatchee, Washington. "Whenever I serve it at gatherings, there are never any leftovers."
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy, about 1 minute. Add milk and mustard. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in bacon, ham and cheeses. Transfer to a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Run a knife around edge of pan to remove. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p12
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review