Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sprinkle cheeses into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, red pepper and green onions until tender. Stir in ham; spoon over cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 272 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
"Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture."