Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter; stir in ham. Spoon over the cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 272 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
"Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture."