Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Sprinkle cheeses into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, red pepper and green onions until tender. Stir in ham; spoon over cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving: 272 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
"Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture."