This make-ahead egg casserole is just the thing when entertaining in the morning. It's loaded with ham, cheese and mushrooms.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter; stir in ham. Spoon over the cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p159
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review