This make-ahead egg casserole is just the thing when entertaining in the morning. It's loaded with ham, cheese and mushrooms.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses; sprinkle into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onions and red pepper in butter; stir in ham. Spoon over the cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over ham mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p159
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture."