This make-ahead egg casserole is just the thing when entertaining in the morning. It's loaded with ham, cheese and mushrooms.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 large eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle cheeses into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms, red pepper and green onions until tender. Stir in ham; spoon over cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper; pour over ham mixture. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p159
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"Not my favorite recipe. Folks at work seemed to like, but I didn't care for the texture."