Ham 'n' Cheese Crepes Recipe
"The beauty of these crepes is that they can be cooked ahead and stored in the freezer until you need them," explains Marion Lowery of Medford, Oregon. "I thaw a few at a time, roll them with ham and cheese and serve them for breakfast, lunch or a quick snack."
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup plus 4 to 6 tablespoons cold milk, divided
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for 8 crepes):
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the water, 2/3 cup of milk, flour, eggs, butter and salt. Cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add remaining milk if batter is too thick.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 16 crepes.
- To use frozen crepes: Thaw 8 crepes in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Spread each with mustard; top with a slice of ham and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up tightly.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Crepes in Quick Cooking December 2000, p44
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Crepes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2013
I had been looking for simple crepe recipe for a while. This was fantastic. And once they crepes are frozen you can use them for anything savory or sweet!
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2011
This will be on our weekly lunch menu..Quick and easy...And the kids loved them..