Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board; cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 489 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1577mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips
"Just the fact that they are strips makes it easy to hand them out in"to-go" bags as the kids take off in a rush so they don't have to scarf things down before they get out of the car"
"opps sorry I meant swiss - sorry!!!"
"ok, rather than being critical let's try to be the solution. The idea of something simple to compliment eggs - Great! here goes with the fix. Forget the American cheese and the mustard and go with ham and cream cheese (any variety - vegetable sounds pretty tasty)"
"Kirchner and lorrik, some people have NO CREATIVITY.....LOL ! If it isn't spelled out in black and white with a pic to go with it, they'd NEVER come up with an idea this complicated.....ROFLMAO !!! Kinda sad, huh ?"
"Really ...TOH you should be ashamed...this isn't brunch it's a grilled cheese sandwich ."
"WOW....this is a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, really, you need a recipe for something like this? Granted it is a delicious sandwich...but a recipe for it?"