Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips Recipe
These hand-held sandwich strips pair well with scrambled eggs. If desired, substitute slices of cooked chicken for the ham. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1. Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- 2. Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board; cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 489 calories, 29 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,577 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC