These hand-held sandwich strips pair well with scrambled eggs. If desired, substitute slices of cooked chicken for the ham. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer each with a slice of cheese, ham and another cheese slice. Top with remaining bread.
- Butter outsides of sandwiches. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Remove to a cutting board; cut each sandwich lengthwise into thirds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p158
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Brunch Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review