Ham 'n' Cheese Bow Ties Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 6 to 8 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in mustard and Colby cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add pasta and ham; stir until coated.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 447 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 876mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Bow Ties
"Sorry, made as directed. Dry and stringy cheese. I weighed my ingredients so I know they were right. Too much cheese and/or not enough liquid for all that cheese. Bland. Really not much flavor. Tossed the leftovers. Won't make again."
"This is a great recipe. We have been making this for years, pretty much the same way using low fat milk and we add a good handful or two of peas to it as well."
"This was great, even using reduced fat Colby, fat free milk and margarine! I wasn't nuts over the 3 pan cleanup, but will make again."
"I LOVE this recipe. It has to be one of my all time favorites. The texture is amazing. I always look forward to winter when we have ham so I can use the leftovers to make the ham dices. It is pretty simple to make and everyone who eats it loves it."
"We usually make this just on the stovetop and skip the baking steps. One of my family's favorites! Thanks for a great, easy, weeknight recipe!"
"Wasn't a fan. I thought it was kind of dry."
"This is a family favorite, especially with leftover holiday ham."
"I really enjoyed this recipe. I didn't put any mustard in and it still tasted good."
"Did the recipe as is and the boy and I devoured it..... It was good."