Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Twists Recipe
"I like to serve these tasty twists for lunch with split pea or vegetable soup and a fruit salad," says Marie Kramer, Kirkwood, Missouri. The cheese-enhanced biscuits filled with homemade or deli ham salad also make great snacks.
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ham salad or 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) deviled ham spread
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Stir in milk just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spread ham salad over half of dough. Fold dough over to form a 5-in. x 6-in. rectangle; seal edges with water. Cut into six 1-in. strips.
- Twist strips and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Twists in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p11
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Biscuit Twists(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Biscuit Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Sandwich Recipes For Two >
- Sandwiches >