Ham 'n' Cheddar Cups Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, diced or shredded
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Beat eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the ham, cheese, bacon and onion. Fill well-greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 20 cups.
Editor's Note: Paper-lined muffin cups are not recommended for this recipe.
1 each: 172 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.