Start your day out right with these delicious muffins. Studded with ham, cheddar cheese and bacon, they're a meal in one—and a handy breakfast on the run when you need to be out the door in a hurry. —Carla Hodenfield Ray, North Dakota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, diced or shredded
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Beat eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the ham, cheese, bacon and onion. Fill well-greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 20 cups.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheddar Cups in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p27
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheddar Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review