Ham 'n' Cheddar Corn Bread
This layered corn bread "sandwich" baked in the oven is a great accompaniment for steaming soup and a salad.Christa Habegger, Greenville, South Carolina
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mixes, milk and eggs. Pour
- half of the batter into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with
- cooking spray. Layer with ham and cheese; carefully spread remaining
- batter over the top.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (prepared with fat-free milk, egg substitute and reduced-fat cheese) equals 241 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.